DC Fitness Reopening Guidelines and Procedures
- Sunday: 1pm – 9pm
- Monday: 6am – 9pm
- Tuesday: 6am – 9pm
- Wednesday: 6am – 9pm
- Thursday: 6am – 6pm
- Friday: 6am – 9pm
- Saturday: 6am – 9pm
- All members are required to social distance while using DC Fitness facilities, meeting or exceeding person-to-person distance of 6 feet where possible in all directions.
- All workout equipment has either been adjusted or removed so that members are 6 feet apart while working out.
- Members should not be moving equipment out of its place at this time.
- Members should be following any directional arrows for walking paths/lines for bathrooms/drinking fountains or any other areas that may apply.
- Members will not be allowed to spot other members until further notice to comply with social distancing guidelines.
- Members will be asked to avoid shaking hands in any form(s) or engaging in any other form of physical contact.
- Members are not allowed to wait for their time slot inside the facility. If you arrive early, please wait in your vehicle or distance yourself from the main entrance until your time.
- There will be a DC Fitness staff member stationed at the main entrance to track capacity and allow standby guests to enter if space is available.
- DC Fitness staff will be present in all workout areas to help maintain social distancing guidelines. If members cannot comply with these guidelines or what is asked by a DC Fitness staff member – they may be asked to leave the facility or will be at risk of losing their membership.
Basketball court guidelines
- 6 people will be allowed on the basketball court at one time. There are 6 goals and all meet the 6 feet social distancing guidelines.
- There will be no pickup games allowed to any members at this time.
- Members must bring their own basketballs in order to use the basketball court.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- DC Fitness staff will be frequently cleaning any and all high-touch surfaces (i.e., door handles, shared fitness equipment, water fountains, restrooms, points of sale).
- If members are unable or unwilling to wipe/disinfect equipment after exercise, provide “ready to clean” tags for members to place on equipment after use, to ensure equipment is disinfected by staff before the next use.”
- DC Fitness staff will be disinfecting reused or shareable material between each use (i.e., pens, weights, mats, drawers of shared materials, foam rollers, other fitness equipment).
- There will be a 15 minute gap between each workout period for DC Fitness staff to do a complete disinfect of all highly used areas (weight room, cardio room, dance studio).
- Areas that are highly used will be cleaned by DC Fitness staff once every hour.
- DC Fitness staff will disinfect the entire facility for one hour at the end of each day.
– DC Fitness staff will be wearing appropriate PPE for all cleaning tasks, including trash.
- All DC Fitness staff will clean their hands often, including immediately after removing gloves.
- If DC Fitness staff choose to wear cloth face coverings, they will be washed after each shift (Employees will be required to wear face coverings at all times while on shift).
- DC Fitness will launder all towels, tablecloths, uniforms, etc. frequently, using the warmest appropriate water setting.
“For any towels, cloth wipes, or other laundered items that are used at the facility, follow CDC guidelines for those items. Provide a closed container where patrons can place used towels or other items. Ensure those items cannot be used again until properly laundered either by a commercial laundering service or a laundering process which includes immersion in water of at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit for at least 25 minutes. Store all clean linens in a clean, covered place. Ensure workers who handle dirty linens or laundry wear gloves.”
- Members should wash/sanitize hands upon arrival and before departure.
- DC Fitness staff will clean the retail (front desk) area daily. Members will be asked to avoid touching products they do not intend on purchasing.
- DC Fitness staff will clean and disinfect lockers every hour.
“Amenities, including magazines, books, self-serve water stations (unless touchless), and other items for patrons, must be removed from reception areas and elsewhere in the fitness facility. Non-essential vanity items should also be removed from locker rooms to help reduce touch points and guest interactions.”
DC Fitness Employee Health and Personal Hygiene
- DC Fitness will have all employees wear face masks.
- DC Fitness will have all employees wear gloves to supplement hand washing when possible and safe to do so.
- DC Fitness staff will wash their hands before and after taking off gloves to follow CDC guidelines on how to take off gloves.
- DC Fitness will train all employees on the importance of washing hands and using hand sanitizers with at least 60% alcohol content, and give employees clear instruction to avoid touching their face.
- DC Fitness will log all employees that come on premise for purposes of supporting public health contact tracing.
- DC Fitness will document temperature and/or symptom screenings for all workers at the beginning of their shift or upon entering the establishment, per LA County guidelines.
- DC Fitness will provide masks and gloves for all employees.
- DC Fitness will ensure common areas are well stocked with hand sanitizer and sanitation wipes.
- DC Fitness management will communicate health and safety guidelines to all employees / members / visitors.
- All AC and HVAC systems will be running non stop during business hours.
- Where safe / appropriate, DC Fitness will keep doors open to improve ventilation and reduce touching of door handles.
- DC Fitness showers will not be operational.
- DC Fitness will be turning off all floor and ceiling fans.
- DC Fitness will post signs for employees / members / guests to remind them of physical distancing, PPE recommendations (i.e., face coverings), and to use hand sanitizer provided.
- DC Fitness will ensure adequate storage of necessary materials (i.e., face maks, gloves, cleaning materials).
- DC Fitness will limit the use of re-usable goods (I.e., bags, cups).
- DC Fitness will be using a contactless check in system. At the beginning of each hour – those registered will be checked in by a DC Fitness staff member (only if they can provide proof of a membership – membership tag). If there is space – those in the standby line will be allowed in (only if they can provide proof of membership – membership tag).
- DC Fitness will not be taking payment in cash during this time. Payments will only be received vid debit/credit card.
- Members are not allowed to bring guests/visitors with them for their workouts at this time (i.e., children).
- Members will not be allowed to linger during workouts. If a DC Fitness staff member sees this they will ask you to resume your workout or you may be asked to leave the facility.
DC Fitness Customer Information
- Members are encouraged to bring their own water that can last them for the entirety of their workout session.
- DC Fitness will have visible signage throughout the gym for customers on health and safety guidelines (including proper hygiene and sanitation, physical distancing/PPE guidance, etc).
- DC Fitness will make customer safety guidelines publicly available.
- DC Fitness will be communicating through Instagram and MIndBody to educate members on DC Fitness reopening procedures.
- Members may register for gym time in advance via MindBody. Those who sign up prior will get first access to the gym. Any open spots will be granted to those waiting in standby lines.
- There will be no penalty for not showing up for your slotted time.
- Members who have registered for gym time will have a 10 minute grace period before their time slot is given to someone waiting in the standby line.
- If a member is late to their registered time, that time will not be made up at the end of the hour (This also goes for someone who fills this spot in the standby line).
- Members must have an active DC Fitness membership to use the facility.
- At this time – there will be no 1 Day Free Trials offered. Day passes will be allowed for $10.00 USD.
- If any member is showing visible symptoms of illness they may be asked to reschedule their booking and may not enter the facility.